Do you like chilled noodles?
This chilled sesame noodle salad is the perfect quickie lunch. It’s ready in less than 20 minutes yet chock full of flavor.
It is deceptively simple to throw together, and the dressing packs a real flavor punch. With creamy tahini, umami soy and sweet maple combined with nutty sesame oil, this dressing is a taste sensation.
- 1 pack wheat udon noodles
- 2 persian cucumbers chopped
- 2 green onions chopped
- 2 cups green cabbage chopped
- 2 cups broccoli florets
- 1 tbsp sesame oil
- 1 tbsp sesame tahini
- 2 tbsp light sodium soy sauce
- 1 tbsp dark soy sauce
- 1 tbsp pure maple syrup
- 2 tbsp furikake for garnish
- 2.5 avocado for serving
- Cook Noodles according to package, add broccoli florets to pot of boiling water for last two minutes of cook time. Drain, rinse with cool water and set aside
- Mix dressing in a large bowl by combining sesame oil, tahini, light and dark soy and maple syrup and combining with a whisk
- Mix cucumbers, cabbage and green onion into the bowl with the dressing, tossing well.
- Add noodles and broccoli, toss until well combined.
- Garnish with furikake and serve with avocado