Have you tried my Veggie Noodle Stir Fry? 🍜🌿🍃
It’s one of those go-to meals that you can count on to be really satisfying and flavorful…and simple to make! 🌿🍃
There’s lots of yummy flavors and texture going on, from the tofu that gets a bit browned and crisp to the flavorful herbs, scallions and sweet carrots. 🌿🍃🍜 Hoping you are having a restful weekend❤🌿🍃
- 1 16 oz. package extra firm organic tofu
- 2 tsp sesame oil for cooking tofu
- 1 tsp dark soy sauce for cooking tofu
- 2 to 3 servings noodles
- 2 medium carrots cut very thinly
- 1/3 cup scallions
- 2 tbsp cilantro finely chopped (or parsley)
- 1/4 tsp garlic powder
- 1/4 tsp ground ginger
- 3 tbsp soy sauce
- 1 tbsp rice vinegar
- 1.5 tbsp maple syrup
- 2 tsp sambal oelek or chili garlic sauce
- 2 tsp corn starch
- 1/4 cup water
- 1/2 cup vegetable broth
- 2 tsp sesame oil
- Cook your noodles according to package directions and rinse (be sure to not overcook them). Drizzle in a touch of sesame oil and gently toss (optional).
- Meanwhile, drain the tofu very well, and crumble it into a large pan. The smaller the crumbles, the firmer / crisper they will get during cooking. Add a bit of oil and cook for 20 min on medium heat, stirring periodically. Towards the end, add around a tsp of dark soy sauce (or sub regular soy sauce).
- While tofu and noodles cook, thinly slice the carrots. Add them to the tofu pan when tofu is done. Continue to cook for a couple min while you whisk up the sauce.
- Add sauce to the pan, cook until it starts to thicken. While sauce is thickening, chop the scallions and herbs.
- Now add noodles to pan, toss, serve and top with scallions and herbs.