This easy vegan vanilla cake with homemade strawberry jam and vegan whipped cream is just amazing. You can make this cake from scratch in less than a couple of hours. The vegan sponge cake recipe that we use does not include aquafaba, but just some basic easy to find ingredients.
Share this recipe!
Sponge Cake Base
- 2 cups all purpose or cake flour 300 grams
- 1⅓ cups sugar 270 grams
- 1⅓ cups soy milk 330 ml
- ½ cup sunflower oil 110 ml
- 2 tbsp apple cider vinegar 10 grams
- 1.5 tsp baking powder 8 grams
- ½ tsp salt
- 3 tsp vanilla extract 8 grams
- 2 cups strawberries remove stem and chop in half - 600 grams
- 3 tbsp chia seeds 20 grams
- ½ cup agave syrup 140 grams
- 2 tbsp agar agar
- 2 cups vegan whipped cream 300 ml
- 1 cup strawberries 150 grams
For the vanilla cake
- Preheat the oven to 360˚F (180˚C). Then line a7 inch (18 cm) round cake tins with a round piece of parchment paper.
- Sift the flour into a bowl.
- Add sugar, baking soda and salt and whisk together.
- Add soy milk, vegetable oil, vanilla extract, and apple cider vinegar and fold in gently till the ingredients come together. Don't over mix.
- Pour the cake batter into the cake tin and bake for around 60 min at 360˚F (180˚C). To check if cooked, Insert a toothpick into the cake. If it comes out dry the cake is ready. If wet, bake for longer. Let the cake cool completely before cutting it or layering it.
- Start making the strawberry jam while the cake cooks.
For the strawberry jam
- Remove the stem from the strawberries, cut them in half and place them in a blender.
- Add the chia seeds and the agave syrup.
- Blend for a few seconds.
- Pour the mix into a sauce pan, bring to simmer and cook on low heat for about 15 minutes.
- Let cool down, it will thicken up. If you want the jam thicker we suggest adding 2 tsp of agar agar. Boil the agar agar in the jam for 1 minute while stirring. Let cool down to thicken.
For the whipped cream
- You can either whip up some ready made vegan whipping cream, or whip together a can of very cold full fat coconut cream with 1/4 cup of icing sugar.
Build the cake
- When the cake is cool, cut it in half with a serrated knife add the strawberry jam on top of one of the layers.
- Top with the other layer, and cover it completely with the vegan whipped cream. Use a knife or a spatula to spread the whipped cream evenly around the cake.
- Decorate the top of the cake as you like. We use some whole strawberries on top.
Vegan Vanilla Cake With Strawberry Jam
Amount Per Serving
Calories 516 Calories from Fat 270
% Daily Value*
Saturated Fat 24g150%
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2000 calorie diet.
Did you try this recipe?Mention @goodoldvegan or tag #goodoldvegan!
4 thoughts on “Vegan Vanilla Cake With Strawberry Jam”
I just want to sit and eat a tub of ice cream during summertime!
I’m not sure how that is relevant to this recipe, but I fully agree!
I love trying new recipies
Oh yes!! Enjoy this recipe!