Thai Red Curry Ramen Noodle Bowls. Recipe below. 🌱
This gluten free, easy ramen recipe will get vegan comfort food on your table in less than 30 minutes. @ThaiKitchen ‘s red curry paste puts a twist on this traditional Japanese dish and makes it both savory and spicy. I’ve also loaded it up with healthy vegetables – red pepper, broccolini and shiitake mushrooms – and @LotusFoods ‘s Brown Rice and Millet Ramen Noodles for a healthy nutritional punch! 🌱
Looking for something to slurp on this Sunday? Here’s how to make it:
- 1 pkg ramen noodles I like Lotus Foods(R) Brown Rice & Millet Ramen Noodles; 1 package includes four ramen noodle bricks
- 2 tbsp sesame oil
- 8-10 shiitake mushrooms washed, dried and sliced thin
- 1 inch fresh ginger minced or grated
- 2 cloves garlic peeled and crushed
- 1/4 cup red curry paste I like Thai Kitchen's (R) vegan thai red curry paste
- 1 qt low sodium vegetable broth I use Pacific Food's (R)
- 2 tbsp peanut butter just peanuts, peanut butter is best
- 2 tbsp soy sauce or use tamari if gluten free
- 14 oz can full fat coconut milk I use Thai Kitchen's (R) coconut milk
- 1 red bell pepper washed and sliced into bite-sized pieces
- 2-3 bunches broccolini washed and trimmed
- 2 fresh limes sliced into wedges; optional as garnishment, but highly recommended!
- 1-2 scallions thinly sliced, as optional garnishment
- sriracha sauce optional as additional spice
- Prepare the ramen noodles al dente in accordance with package directions. Set aside. See recipe notes for suggestions if using rice ramen noodles.
- In a large stockpot, heat the sesame oil. When shimmering, add the mushrooms and sauté until golden brown.
- Add the garlic and the fresh ginger. Sauté for 2-3 minutes more being careful not to burn the garlic.
- Add the red curry paste and saute for 1-2 minutes, stirring constantly and allowing the paste to toast slightly.
- Add the vegetable broth, the peanut butter and tamari. Bring to a simmer. Allow to simmer for 5-8 minutes.
- Add the coconut milk, red bell pepper and broccolini. Heat until hot, allowing the broccolini to become bright green.
- Add the noodles to your serving bowls. Spoon the ramen noodle broth over the noodles. Top with sliced scallions. Squeeze fresh lime juice over the broth and add sriracha for some additional spice.