Looking for a recipe to use up your summer produce? If so, you must make these MEDITERRANEAN STUFFED POTATOES. They are crispy on the outside but soft and fluffy on the inside. Stuffed with cherry tomatoes, cucumbers, chickpeas, olives, sun dried tomatoes, and topped a creamy tzatziki sauce.
These potatoes are inexpensive and oh-so easy to whip up. This recipe is gluten-free, dairy-free, and vegan🌱
- 4 medium- large russet potatoes washed and dried
- 3 Tbsp neutral oil I used avocado
- 2 Tbsp sea salt
- ¼ tsp black pepper
- 1 cup cucumber chopped into bite sized pieces
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes chopped into bite sized pieces
- 3 cloves garlic minced
- 2 Tbsp sun dried tomatoes chopped into small pieces
- 1 can chickpeas or garbanzo beans, drained and rinsed (15 ounces)
- ¼ cup Kalamata olives sliced (optional)
- Fresh Parsley
- Fresh Dill
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees Fahrenheit (204 C).
- Line a large baking pan with foil. Place the potatoes on the pan and drizzle and rub with 2 tablespoons of oil. Sprinkle the potatoes with 1 ½ tablespoons of sea salt.
- Tip: pierce the potatoes with a fork to prevent them from exploding in the oven. This can happen occasionally when pressure from the steam builds up.
- Bake potatoes for 25 minutes, then flip and bake for an additional 25 minutes, or until you can pierce a fork through the skin easily. Depending on the size of your potatoes they might need to be baked a bit longer.
- In a large bowl combine the cucumbers, cherry tomatoes, sun dried tomatoes, chickpeas, olives, 1 tablespoon of oil, pepper, ½ teaspoon of salt, garlic and toss.
- In a medium bowl combine all of the tzatziki ingredients together and mix. Place in the refrigerator to chill.
- Take baked potatoes out of the oven. Make a cut lengthwise splitting the potato in half.
- Stuff the potatoes with the Mediterranean mixture. Drizzle with tzatziki sauce and top with fresh parsley or dill. Taste the potatoes and season with salt and pepper (optional).
- Leftovers will last 1 to 2 days covered in the fridge.
- Using large potatoes? You might want to keep them in the oven for a little longer than 50 minutes.
- Short on time? Skip baking these potatoes and cook them in the microwave instead of the oven.
- I recommend adding extra Vegan Tzatziki to your potatoes… it’s that good!