Are you a fan of jackfruit?! If so, you must try this GENERAL TSO’S JACKFRUIT.
Satisfying, Saucy, and oh so flavorful. Pair it with rice and broccoli for a complete meal. This recipe only requires minimal ingredients and only takes 30 minutes to make!
- 1 Tbsp neutral oil I used olive oil
- 1 20 ounce can green jackfruit in brine
General Tso’s Sauce
- 2 Tbsp green onion chopped
- ½ tsp sesame seeds
- Drain, rise, and pat jackfruit dry. Using your hands or a fork, shred the jackfruit chunks into bite sized pieces. It should resemble a “pulled pork” texture.
- Heat a pan over medium heat. Add the oil, jackfruit, and cook for 3-4 minutes until warm.
- In a medium bowl combine all of the General Tso’s sauce ingredients together and whisk.
- Add the sauce to the pan and mix until the jackfruit is covered in sauce. Gently simmer on medium-low heat for 5-6 minutes, stirring occasionally, until the sauce starts to thicken. Take the pan immediately off the heat. If left on the heat the sauce will burn.
- Taste the jackfruit and add additional soy sauce or crushed red pepper. Divide into bowls and garnish with sesame seeds and green onions!
- Leftover jackfruit can be kept in the refrigerator in an airtight container for 2 days.
- Garnish your jackfruit with chopped green onion or crushed red pepper.
- I paired my jackfruit with rice and steamed broccoli. However, you can get creative and use whatever grains or vegetable you have in your pantry or refrigerator.
- Want your sauce to be thicker? Add an extra half teaspoon of cornstarch to the sauce.