Light and crispy fried spring rolls with a perfectly crunchy skin filled with cabbage, tofu, glass noodle and bean sprout!
Plus, you can make a big batch, freeze them and enjoy for an any day. The best thing is you can fry them right out of the freezer, no thawing required!
- 15 spring rolls wrapper
- 100 g bean sprouts blanched
- 250 g cabbage shredded
- 300 g toffu
- 2 red fresh chilli thinly sliced
- Handful scallions chopped
- 2 shallots chopped
- 3 cloves garlic chopped
- 50 g glass noodles cook till soft and soak in a cold water
- 1 tbsp vegetarian oyster sauce
- 1 tbsp sugar
- 1/2 tsp white pepper
- 1 tbsp soy sauce
- 1 tbsp sesame oil
- salt for seasoning
- 4 tbsp flour
- 4 tbsp water
- Mix flour paste ingredients together and set aside.
- Cook the tofu till all the water is evaporated then add in the oil continue cook till brown and set aside.
- Saute garlic and onion till fragrant.
- Add in red fresh chili and shredded cabbage, cook about 5 minutes.
- Remove from the heat and let it cool completely.
- Mix together cooked tofu, cooked cabbage, bean sprout, glass noodles, sauce and seasoning.
- Place the spring roll wrapper on the clean surface, spread about two tbsp of filling. Do not over fill since it can break while deep frying, wrap the filling tightly so that there is no space inside.
- Apply the flour paste to the edges, roll the wrappers and closed tightly. (Cover the spring rolls to prevent them from drying out)
- Heat the oil in a saucepan and fry the spring rolls till golden brown.
- Remove and transfer the fried spring rolls on a paper towel to drain the oil.
- Serve the fried spring rolls with your fav dipping sauce.
2 thoughts on “Vegan Fried Spring Rolls”
Tofu missing from ingredients list – but looks great!
Thank you for the heads up Rachel! The tofu is edited in now.