Have you ever tried Buffalo Chickpea Sandwich? It is an extremely delicious, vegan, and gluten-free sandwich, which just takes 15 minutes to make. This is perfect with a spicy dip for breakfast, light lunch, or just in between!
Buffalo Chicpea Filling
Assemble The Sandwich
- 4 Slices Artisan Bread
- Mix Greens
- Vegan Mayonnaise
- Onion Slices
- Finely chop onion and crush fresh garlic.
- In a pan heat oil, On medium heat fry onion and garlic until translucent for about two to three minutes.
- Wash and drain chickpeas. Add chickpeas into the pan and mash them with a wooden spoon.
- Next add chili sauce, BBQ sauce, salt, paprika powder and mix. Cook on medium heat for about two more minutes.
- Add soy yogurt and mix. Turn off the heat and let it cool.
- Toast the bread. I am using vegan no knead artisan bread.
- Spread vegan mayo onto the bread slices and top with some fresh greens of your choice.
- Scoop out the buffalo chickpea mixture on to the bread, top with some onion slices and other piece of toasted bread.
- Add more flavor with Sauce: The easiest way to pimp a sandwich is to put sauce again between the slices. It can make the sandwich juicier and give it more flavor. Even the combination of cheese and pesto is terrific.
- Crunchy Sandwich: Toasted artisan bread, tastes, and smells ten times better and bring you with more crunch.
- Office lunch box: If you are taking it for lunch on a picnic, make sure to put the sauce on the sandwich shortly before consumption. Otherwise, it will be quite a squishy affair.
- Go for Salad: A small salad turns the chickpeas into a protein-rich and healthy meal.