Banana and caramel explosion in your mouth! If you have some extra spotty bananas you need to use up and have only been making banana bread, you need to try this upside cake. It is super moist and perfectly sweet.
- 1/2 cup coconut sugar
- 3-4 tbsp coconut oil
- Start by preheating the oven to 350 F and greasing and lining a 9in the circular pan.
- Next, start by making the cinnamon sugar mixture or the bottom. Combine the cinnamon sugar and melted coconut in a bowl and mix until a crumbly texture forms. Then transfer into the bottom of the pan and spread out evenly.
- Then cut up 1 banana into coin size pieces and place them on top of the cinnamon-sugar mixture.
- Now to make the cake in a large bowl mash the 3 bananas until smooth, if there are a couple of chunks that is fine. Once that is mashed, add in the melted coconut oil, nondairy yogurt, vanilla, and almond butter. Mix well.
- Lastly, fold in both flour, baking soda, baking powder, salt, and cinnamon.
- Once that has all been combined, transfer the mixture into the pan and spread evenly over the cinnamon sugar.
- Place it into the oven for 20-25 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean.
- Take it out of the oven and let it cool for about 20 minutes. Then you can place a plate over the pan and flip it over to reveal the upside cake.