Share this recipe!
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp baking soda
- ¼ tsp salt
- 1/2 cup white sugar I used cane sugar
- ½ cup of canola oil or softened coconut oil I used canola oil
- 1 cup dairy-free milk
- 1 tsp apple cider vinegar
- 2 medium overripe bananas mashed
- 1 Tbsp vanilla
- ½ tsp cinnamon
- 1 cup of chocolate chips or chunks
- 1/4 cup of chocolate chips
- 1 medium banana sliced (optional)
- Preheat your oven to 350°F. Line your loaf pan with parchment paper or spray with non-stick spray and set aside.
- Make the vegan buttermilk mixture. Combine the dairy-free milk and apple cider vinegar together in a bowl and set aside.
- Using a large bowl mix the flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt, cinnamon and sugar together.
- Combine the canola oil, mashed banana, and vanilla to the buttermilk mixture and whisk.
- Add the wet and dry ingredients together and mix for 1-2 minutes. DO NOT overmix your batter. Slowly fold 1 cup of chocolate chips into the batter.
- Pour batter into the loaf pan. Sprinkle 1/4 cup of chocolate chips and one sliced banana (optional) on top of the batter.
- Bake loaf for 45-55 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center of the cake comes out clean.
- Let completely cool outside of the loaf pan for at least 1 hour before slicing.
Test to see if the loaf is cooked all the way by sticking a toothpick in the loaf. If it comes out clean then it is cooked all the way through.
Garnish your Banana Chocolate Chip Bread with peanut butter and slice bananas.