Super cozy Sunday Soup for this sunny but chilly day!
This Tuscan Kale and White Bean Soup is healthy, hearty, and so delicious. It is so good that it even holds my No. 1 favorite soup spot at the moment! 😋
The Garlic Parmesan Croutons are optional but highly recommended!
- 6 large Tuscan kale leaves stemmed and roughly chopped
- 2 cups cannellini beans cooked and rinsed
- 1 medium sweet onion
- 3 large cloves garlic
- 1 large carrot
- 1-2 stalks celery
- 1 14oz can fire-roasted tomatoes (400 g can)
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 4 cups veggie broth
- 1 tsp dried thyme or a couple of fresh sprigs
- 1 tsp dried rosemary or a couple of fresh sprigs
- 1 tbsp miso paste can be omitted
- 1/2 cup water
- Sea salt and black pepper to taste
- Finely dice onion, carrot, celery, and mince garlic.
- Heat up olive oil in a Dutch oven (or deep pan with lid), and sauté onions, carrot and celery for about 10 minutes until fragrant. Add minced garlic towards the end.
- Add thyme and rosemary, and toast for 30 seconds, then pour in the canned tomatoes, vegetable broth, miso paste and beans.
- Bring to a boil, cover, and let simmer for 15 minutes.
- Take away 2 cups of the soup, blend with 1/2 cup of water until smooth, and add mix back to the pot.
- Add chopped kale, and simmer for a few more minutes. Season to taste with sea salt and black pepper.
- For the croutons, heat up olive oil, toast garlic until fragrant (set aside and use it in another recipe), then add bread cubes and fry until browned. Top with some grated vegan parmesan.
- Serve hot soup with croutons, and enjoy!