Tofu Curry & Roasted Summer Vegetables ❤️Spiced Tofu, summer tomatoes & corn roasted on a sheet pan then added to a curry filled with all the Indian & Thai spices.
Hope you enjoy! Happy Thursday foodie friends ❤️
- 1 block extra firm tofu pressed & dried, cut into 1 inch cubes (15 ounces)
- 2 tsp neutral oil
- 2 tsp curry powder
- salt and pepper
- 1 pints cherry tomatoes some halved & some left whole
- 2 ears corn shucked & halved. Sub 1 1/2 cups defrosted frozen corn
- neutral oil
- 1 small onion quartered & sliced thin
- 2 cloves garlic sliced thin
- 1 tbl fresh ginger grated
- 1 tbl red curry paste
- 1 1/2 tsp cumin
- 1/2 tsp turmeric powder
- 1/2 tsp red pepper crushed
- 1 cup coconut milk
- 1 1/2 cup veggie broth
- 1/2 cup fresh herbs
- lime juice from one
- Place tofu in a large mixing bowl, drizzle with oil, curry powder, s/p, gently mix till fully coated. Place on 1/2 of large parchment lined baking tray. Set aside
- In the same bowl, prep tomatoes, drizzle oil, salt/pepper. Do the same with ears of corn
- Add tomatoes to the other half of baking sheet. Set corn aside. Bake at 375 F for approx 20 min till tofu is starting to get firm.
- Take out tray, add corn & flip tofu. (If subbing frozen corn, add corn when adding tomatoes & tofu to curry).Cook 15-20 more min till tomatoes have a bit of char & there is some juice.
- Meanwhile, prepare your curry. In a large Dutch oven, heat oil on med, add onion & garlic. Stirring often 3-5 min till onion is soft.
- Add curry paste,ginger, cumin, turmeric, red pepper, mix well to coat onions. Cook 1-2 min till curry paste becomes deep red & caramelized
- Next add broth & coconut milk. Bring to a simmer. Then lower heat to low.
- Add tofu & tomatoes to pot. Carefully handle corn when cooled, lay cob on cutting board, use a sharp knife to slice off a strip of kernels, creating a flat side. Roll cob onto flat side, continue to slice off kernels until you’ve gone all the way around
- Add corn to curry. Check seasoning, add lime juice, and fresh herbs. Serve with your favorite grain & bread. Enjoy!!