Remember those saucy noodles I posted last week? 😏⠀⠀⠀⠀
I used that same sauce on this air-fried tofu! SAVE this versatile and super easy-to-make sauce with only 7️⃣ ingredients. You can also add it to veggies! Idk about you but I would eat ALL the veggies 🤤
This is the tofu sauce of your dreams!✨ It is savory, sweet, simple and will please all of your umami taste buds. Now take those eyes off Nevada and make yourself this comforting bowl 🥰
- 1 block Extra Firm Tofu
- 1 tbsp Tamari Low Sodium Soy Sauce
- 1 tsp Garlic Powder
- 1/4 cup Nutritional Yeast
- Salt and Pepper to taste
- 1 cup Vegetable Broth
- 3 tbsp Tamari or Low Sodium Soy Sauce
- 1 tbsp Ginger minced
- 1 tdp Garlic minced
- 3 tbsp Maple Syrup or Brown Sugar
- 1 tbsp Sriracha Sauce optional
- 2 tbsp Corn Starch
- Salt & Pepper to taste
- Freeze, fully defrost & press tofu before cooking.
- Dice tofu into 3/4 inch cubes. Make sure to dice evenly for it to cook evenly.
- Add tofu to a mixing bowl. Add tamari/soy sauce and coat evenly.
- Add garlic powder, salt, pepper and nutritional yeast. Coat evenly.
- Air fry at 375 for 22-25 minutes. Flip every 7-8 minutes to cook evenly OR bake at 400 for 25-30 minutes also flipping every 7-8 minutes for best results.
- Make sure to coat with cooking spray before adding to air fryer or oven. Bake on parchment paper for best results in oven.
- Add all ingredients to a mixing bowl and whisk until well incorporated.
- Add sauce to a pan on medium-low heat and cook it for 5 minutes until it thickens.
- Add tofu to pan and evenly cost in sauce.
- Serve over brown rice and top with green onions!
2 thoughts on “Sweet & Saucy Ginger Tofu”
Nice recipe. I will give it a chance.
One question. How much is 1 block tofu? Here in austria it is 250g. But this is never ever enough for 4 serving, i think.
Thanks for your question! Usually a block of tofu is about 400g or 14oz. So I’d go with 2 blocks in your case!