I asked you in my stories how many of you know soy curls and almost 90% said they didn’t know what it was! So this dish was actually my first time trying soy curls as well and the verdict is 🙌🏼👍🏼!
They’re a good meat alternative, made only from whole soybeans and are 100% natural. Now I am not saying they are necessarily a health food but I think they can be a fun, high protein addition and a switch up from tofu (don’t worry tofu I still love you 😘 haha). Like in this simple take out style dish which is super easy to make and oh so tasty!
Share this recipe!
- 2 cups soy curls
- Warm water
- 1 bag frozen broccoli florets (or 1 head of broccoli)
- 1-2 spring onions
- 1 tbsp avocado oil optional
- 1 cup water
- 1 tbsp corn starch 2 tbsp of water to dissolve
- 1/4 cup coconut aminos
- 1/4 cup sriracha sauce
- 2 tbsp coconut or brown sugar or maple syrup
- Splash rice vinegar see notes
- Brown rice or grain of choice, to serve with
- Add soy curls to a bowl, cover with warm water and let them rehydrate for 10 minutes.
- Drain excess water.
- In a large skillet, heat up avocado oil and pan fry soy curls until lightly browned.
- If you don’t want to use oil make sure you have a good non stick skillet.
- Clean and cut spring onion and if necessary cut broccoli into florets.
- Add spring onion and broccoli to the pan, cover with a lid and sauté/steam for a few minutes until broccoli is tender but still firm and not overcooked. If you’re using fresh broccoli add a few tbsp of water here as it doesn’t release as much water as frozen broccoli does.
- In a small bowl, dissolve cornstarch with 2 tablespoon of water, then stir in 1 cup of water, coconut aminos, sriracha sauce, sugar or syrup and rice vinegar.
- Pour sauce over soy curls and broccoli mix and cook for about 1-2 minutes until sauce has thickened and everything is nicely glazed.
- Serve with rice and enjoy!
Make sure to check out Alex’s Instagram for more tasty recipes like this!