Rotini with Vegan Ragu 🌿🍃
A cozy and really flavorful meal that works with your favorite pasta and comes together so easily. The vegetables add amazing flavor, with a hearty vegan meat sauce. 🌿🍃
- ½ lb. pasta
- 1 small onion finely chopped
- 3 medium carrots finely chopped, approx. 1 ¼ cups
- 3 Tbsp. olive oil
- 1 packet Impossible Burger
- 2/3 cup sun-dried tomatoes finely chopped
- 3-4 cloves garlic minced
- 1 Tbsp. dried parsley
- 1 Tbsp. dried oregano
- 1 Tbsp. tomato paste
- 1/2 to 3/4 cups pasta cooking water
- 1 ¾ cups canned crushed tomatoes
- 1 tsp. salt
- ½ tsp. black pepper
- Fresh basil for serving. optional
- Fresh oregano for serving. optional
- Cook the 1/2 lb. pasta until just al dente in salted water, reserving 3/4 of the pasta cooking water prior to draining.
- Meanwhile, in a large skillet, add the 1 small onion finely chopped, the 1 ¼ cup finely chopped carrots, and the 3 Tbsp. olive oil. Cook over medium heat, stirring occasionally, for 10 minutes. You may need to add a few Tbsp. water during cooking, to prevent sticking.
- Add the 1 packet Impossible Burger, breaking up the chunks while stirring into the onion and carrot mixture. Cook until the Impossible Burger is lightly browned, about 7 or 8 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Add the 2/3 cup finely chopped sun-dried tomatoes and 3 to 4 garlic cloves, minced. Cook another minute.
- Add all remaining ingredients except the optional fresh basil and oregano (1 Tbsp. dried parsley, 1 Tbsp. dried oregano, 1 Tbsp. tomato paste, ½ cup of the pasta cooking water, 1 ¾ cup canned crushed tomatoes, 1 tsp. kosher salt, and ½ tsp. black pepper).
- Cook at a low simmer for 10 to 15 minutes. If getting too dry, add the remaining ¼ cup pasta cooking water.
- Add cooked pasta to the pan, stir gently, and taste for seasoning. Add a bit more seasoning and/or olive oil if desired.
- Serve with thinly sliced fresh basil and oregano (optional).