Rotini with Vegan Ragu 🌿🍃
A cozy and really flavorful meal that works with your favorite pasta and comes together so easily. The vegetables add amazing flavor, with a hearty vegan meat sauce. 🌿🍃
- ½ lb. pasta
- 1 small onion finely chopped
- 3 medium carrots finely chopped, approx. 1 ¼ cups
- 3 Tbsp. olive oil
- 1 packet Impossible Burger
- 2/3 cup sun-dried tomatoes finely chopped
- 3-4 cloves garlic minced
- 1 Tbsp. dried parsley
- 1 Tbsp. dried oregano
- 1 Tbsp. tomato paste
- 1/2 to 3/4 cups pasta cooking water
- 1 ¾ cups canned crushed tomatoes
- 1 tsp. kosher salt
- ½ tsp. black pepper
- Fresh basil and oregano for serving. optional
- Cook the 1/2 lb. pasta until just al dente in salted water, reserving 3/4 of the pasta cooking water prior to draining.
- Meanwhile, in a large skillet, add the 1 small onion finely chopped, the 1 ¼ cup finely chopped carrots, and the 3 Tbsp. olive oil. Cook over medium heat, stirring occasionally, for 10 minutes. You may need to add a few Tbsp. water during cooking, to prevent sticking.
- Add the 1 packet Impossible Burger, breaking up the chunks while stirring into the onion and carrot mixture. Cook until the Impossible Burger is lightly browned, about 7 or 8 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Add the 2/3 cup finely chopped sun-dried tomatoes and 3 to 4 garlic cloves, minced. Cook another minute.
- Add all remaining ingredients except the optional fresh basil and oregano (1 Tbsp. dried parsley, 1 Tbsp. dried oregano, 1 Tbsp. tomato paste, ½ cup of the pasta cooking water, 1 ¾ cup canned crushed tomatoes, 1 tsp. kosher salt, and ½ tsp. black pepper).
- Cook at a low simmer for 10 to 15 minutes. If getting too dry, add the remaining ¼ cup pasta cooking water.
- Add cooked pasta to the pan, stir gently, and taste for seasoning. Add a bit more seasoning and/or olive oil if desired.
- Serve with thinly sliced fresh basil and oregano (optional).
SHARE THIS RECIPE!
SUBSCRIBE TO THE NEWSLETTER!
Receive the latest vegan recipes straight into your inbox! You can sign out at any time.