Roasted Thai Spiced Pumpkin & Leek Soup 🎃🎃🎃
My tween was like “Ew pumpkin is gross” and I ignored, turned up some tunes, and started cooking so i didn’t have to listen to the naysayer in the room 😂…later comes dinner time and the kid is slurping with delight 🏆🙌🏼🏅
- To Roast Sugar Pumpkin: slice in half using a sharp knife, scoop out seeds & stringy fibers, cut off the head of garlic, brush pumpkin with olive oil & inside cavity. Place garlic head cut side down inside one of the cavities. Season with s/p. Place on baking tray cut side up & roast in preheated oven at 400 F till caramelized & fork can easily pierce through depth (approx 45-60min ). Let cool. Skin should peel off easily.
- Heat large pot/Dutch oven over med heat, drizzle oil when hot add leeks, cook till translucent 5-7 min
- Add red curry paste, ginger, and curry powder, mix to coat leeks, heat 1-2 min till paste becomes a dark red & fragrant. Add broth, mix well, scraping up any brown bits from the bottom of pot.
- Using a high speed blender, carefully transfer soup from pot to blender, also add peeled pumpkin, & squeeze out garlic cloves from skin. Purée till smooth 1-3 min. Be careful when blending hot liquids. I leave my lid partially open & put a kitchen towel on top of pitcher lid. Alternatively you can use an immersion blender, and blend directly in the pot
- Transfer back to pot & simmer approx 20 min for flavors to meld
- Add coconut milk, & heat through. Add lime juice, maple syrup, & season to taste
- I served my soup in a roasted pumpkin bowl, with toasted pepitas, more coconut cream, & toasted baguette with non-dairy ricotta, chives, & maple syrup. Enjoy!!