The perfect Sunday night dinner: roasted garlic mac n cheese! If you love mac n cheese and roasted garlic then bring them together and create this perfect dish 😍
I hope everyone had a nice weekend! I prepped some chick’n salad for the week which which you can find in my stories! It’s really easy to make and perfect to have throughout the week.
- 8 oz pasta shape of choice
- Begin by pre-heating your oven to 400 degrees. cut the top off of your head of garlic revealing the top of your garlic cloves. Smother in olive oil and salt. Cover in tin foil and cook for 30-40 minutes, or until the garlic has become tender. Carefully remove the cloves and add to a bowl. Smash with a back of a spoon to create a paste.
- Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil. Cook pasta according to pasta instructions. Drain in colander and let it sit while you make the sauce.
- In the same pot, melt your vegan butter on medium heat. Add in your flour and cook for 1-2 minutes so the flour can cook off and it forms into a paste. Add in your plant milk and whisk for 3-4 minutes. By then your sauce should thicken up and coat the back of a spoon. Add in your cheese, roasted garlic paste, paprika, dijon, Worcestershire, pepper and salt. Mix and season more to taste.
- Carefully stir in your pasta. Add your Mac n cheese to a greased baking dish. In a small bowl, combine your panko breadcrumb topping. Evenly coat the top of the mac n cheese with it. Place your baking dish into the oven on broil for 3-4 minutes, or until the breadcrumbs have toasted. Serve!