Roasted Cauliflower & Lentil Curry Soup 🥣
Thank goodness in the dead of winter (here in NYC) you can create your own sunshine in a bowl. All the warming Indian & Thai spices in a hearty broth filled with potatoes, red lentils & roasted cauliflower.
When all this deliciousness comes together, sit back, slurp away, & enjoy.
- Neutral oil
- 1 lb cauliflower florets, cut into 1 inch pieces
- 2 tsp cumin
- 2 tsp ground coriander
- 2 tsp cinnamon
- 1 1/2 tsp turmeric powder
- 1/2 tsp black pepper
- 1/8 tsp cayenne optional or add more for heat
- sea salt
- 1 large yellow onion finely chopped
- 1 large carrot finely chopped
- 1 stalk celery finely chopped
- 3 cloves garlic minced
- 1 tsp ginger grated
- 2 tbl red curry paste
- 1 lb baby red potatoes halved
- 1 cup red lentils cleaned & rinsed
- 3 cups veggie broth
- 2 cups water
- 1 cup coconut milk
- 1 tbl maple syrup
- Juice of 1/2 lime
- Place Cauliflower florets in a large mixing bowl, drizzle 2 tsp neutral oil, set aside
- In a small bowl mix together all spices up to & including cayenne pepper & salt
- Add 1 tbl of spice mix to florets, mix until coated. Place florets on parchment lined baking sheet & roast at 425 F for 20-25 min till or until edges are golden & caramelized (flipping halfway through cook time)
- While cauliflower is roasting, in a large Dutch oven over med heat coat bottom of pot with neutral oil. When oil is heated, add onions, celery, & carrots sauté 7-8 min till onion is golden.
- Add red curry paste, ginger, & garlic mix for about 2 min till heated & incorporated
- Add broth, water, lentils, & potatoes, & remaining spice mix. Bring to a boil & simmer with lid partially covered until potatoes & lentils are tender about 20-25 min. Option: Use immersion blender or carefully transfer 1/2 soup broth to a blender for a smoother consistency & then return to pot
- Add coconut milk,maple syrup, & lime juice. Adjust seasoning to taste. Cook 5 more min till warmed through
- For serving, ladle soup & top with roasted cauliflower & fresh herbs. Enjoy!
10 thoughts on “Roasted Cauliflower & Lentil Curry Soup”
What can be substituted for red curry paste?
Would this recipe freeze well? Thanks @
Haven’t tried this, but I see no reason as to why it shouldn’t work!
This was absolutely delicious!!!!
Super happy to hear Debby! Thanks for letting know 🙂
What a delicious recipe. I strong recommend making the soup first, letting it just relax on the stove for a while before roasting the cauliflower, but really delicious! And pretty easy to make. Thanks!
Super happy to hear Jennifer! And greatly appreciate your advice.
Perfect for this bitter cold Denver night. It’s delicious and makes the house smell heavenly. A winner!
Hi Amy! This soup suits the cold days perfectly! Super glad you enjoyed it 🙂