Last night I got a random craving for some sticky, roasted, sweet and spicy cauliflower. Fun fact: I come up with the majority of my recipes or recipe ideas before bed time! It’s a miracle I don’t dream of food! 😂 Well luckily I had a head of cauliflower in the fridge that needed to be used up anyway!
These delicious Roasted Bang Bang Cauliflower Bites aren’t like cauliflower wings (as they’re not dipped in batter) but are meant to be served as a topping for salad, rice or noodle dishes, or as a super yummy filling for tacos and burritos.
- 1 head of cauliflower cut into small florets
- 2 tbsp corn starch
- sesame seeds
- ciilantro chopped
- Preheat oven to 425 F/ 220 C.
- Whisk all sauce ingredients in a large bowl until smooth.
- Cut cauliflower into small florets, and wash and dry them thoroughly. Dust florets with cornstarch (I use a small fine mesh sieve for that), then add them to the sauce. Use a spatula to make sure everything is evenly coated.
- Spread them on a lined baking sheet, and bake bites for 30-40 minutes. After every 10-15 minutes, toss them around and coat them with any of the “run off” sauce. Since they’re not dipped in batter they won’t get crispy like cauliflower wings but they should be a little charred, and deliciously caramelized from the sauce.
- Top with sesame seeds and cilantro and enjoy them on a salad, as a taco or burrito filling, or with rice or noodles!
For a less sweet sauce, scale back to 1 tbsp maple syrup or omit the coconut sugar!