I don’t know about you but this year I just can’t get enough of creamy pasta dishes. I have been a pastaholic for as long as I can remember but this year my love for it seems to have grown even more! Luckily the vegan versions are not only dairy free but actually pretty healthy and full of good ingredients 🌱
- 1/2 cup navy beans or about 1.5 cup cooked beans or ~ 1 can, rinsed
- 1/2 cup cashews
- 1 cup unsweetened non-dairy milk *
- 2 tbsp nutritional yeast
- 2 tbsp apple cider vinegar
- 1/2 tbsp onion powder
- 1/2 tbsp garlic powder
- 1/2 tbsp dried basil
- 1 tsp sea salt or to taste
- 1-2 cups pasta water
- 1 tbsp white miso paste
- 1 small head broccoli or ~ 2 cups frozen broccoli florets
- 1/2 cup peas frozen
- 1 cup frozen spinach chopped, or 2 cups fresh
- 1 lbs pasta of choice, makes 4 servings
- Fresh basil
- Freshly ground black pepper
- If you’re using canned or previously cooked beans, rinse them well and add them to a blender with the remaining sauce ingredients. Quick soak cashews with hot water for about 15 prior to blending.
- Cook pasta of choice according to package directions and add broccoli florets to the pot a few minutes before pasta is al dente. At the very end add peas and spinach.
- Drain and make sure to reserve 1 to 2 cups of pasta water for the sauce. For a thinner sauce use up to 2 cups, for a thicker sauce use less water.
- Mix together hot pasta, broccoli, peas, spinach with the creamy sauce, top with some fresh basil and enjoy!
2 thoughts on “Rigatoni Alfredo With Green Veggies”
For this recipe I used cannellini beans and cooked for my family who aren’t vegan and it was a hit! It’s so yummy and creamy! Definitely the best creamy pasta I’ve had since becoming vegan.
Love the fact that your family enjoyed it – Super happy to hear Gemma!