These Mediterranean inspired wraps are super easy and fast to make while being a nutritious and delicious meal for morning, lunch or dinner time!
They take about 10 minutes to prepare (including the kale couscous salad!) and are great for meal preparing as well. I stored them in the fridge overnight (in a glass container) and they tasted just as good the next day!
- 2 wraps of choice
- A few tbsp red pepper hummus homemade or store bought
- 2 large handful kale cleaned and chopped
- 1/4 cup whole wheat courcous
- 1/2 cup hot water
- 1/2 lemon for the juice
- 1 tbsp tahini
- 1/2 red bell pepper
- romaine lettuce
- kalamata olives
- salt and pepper to taste
- Add couscous to a bowl, cover it with hot water and let it sit for about 5 minutes before you fluff it up with a fork.
- In the meantime add kale to a bowl together with lemon juice and tahini and massage it with your hands until it becomes tender before you add the couscous to it. This step is a bit messy but it is totally worth it.
- Spread a generous amount of hummus onto the wraps and layer them with romaine lettuce, bell pepper slices, olives and the couscous kale salad.
- Roll up and enjoy!
You can substitute quinoa for couscous but that adds about 15-20 minutes extra cooking time.