Raw Walnut Cacao Brownies 🌱
I cannot emphasise enough how much I like these brownies. The recipe is inspired by brownies that I tried while on holiday in Split last summer and they hold a dear place in my heart.
They’re so simple to make, only a few basic ingredients and the final result I’m sure will blow you away♥️
Share this recipe!
- 1 cup walnuts
- 1 cup roasted hazelnuts
- 1 cup soft/fresh dates
- 2 tbsp raw cacao powder
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 3/4 cup coconut oil melted *
- 3 tbsp raw cacao powder *
- 3 tbsp maple syrup *
- 1 tsp vanilla extract *
- place the walnuts and hazelnuts in a blender/ food processor and blend until you get a flour-like consistency
- to that, add the dates, cinnamon and cacao powder. Blend until you get a semi- sticky mixture that when you press it between your fingers, it holds together
- in a bread pan(like one for banana bread)/ square container add the mixture and with your fingers/ back of a spoon push the mixture down and around, forming a nice and even layer
- for the chocolate part, add the coconut oil in a small sauce pan on medium heat and let it melt completely before add all of the rest ingredients, stirring non-stop until everything is well combined
- finally, pour the chocolate over the first layer, cover the pan and place it in a freezer(I recommend you leave it overnight)
3 thoughts on “Raw Walnut Cacao Brownies”
glad you like ‘m Alexandar!