This pasta is warm and bursting with flavor from roasted tomatoes, shallot and garlic, and the texture combo from the sautéed broccoli and sun-dried tomatoes is just SO good.
- 1/2 lb. shell pasta or pasta of choice
- 1 pint cherry tomatoes halved
- 1/4 tsp kosher salt for roasting
- 1/4 tsp pepper for roasting
- 2 tsp olive oil
- 1 large shallot finely chopped
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1/2 tsp kosher salt
- 1/2 tsp pepper
- 3 large cloves garlic minced
- 3 cups broccoli florets cut small pieces
- 1/2 cup vegetable broth
- 1/3 cup sun-dried tomatoes packed thinly sliced (marinated type, drained of oil)
- 2 tbsp dill finely chopped
- 2 tbsp parsley finely chopped
- 1/4 cup pine nuts toasted
- Juice of 1/4 to 1/2 lemon optional
- Extra olive oil to drizzle, optional
- Cook the pasta in salted water until al dente, then drain.
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F (convect/fan). Add tomatoes to a baking dish with 1/4 tsp each kosher salt and pepper, and 2 tsp olive oil. Toss, roast 20 to 25 min until skins are wilting and juices are releasing.
- Meanwhile, add shallot to a large pan on medium heat, with the 2 tbsp olive oil and 1/2 tsp each kosher salt and pepper. Stir, cook for 3 to 5 min until softened and starting to brown. Add minced garlic, cook another min.
- Add broccoli florets and vegetable broth, cover and cook for 2 to 3 min until fork tender then add sun-dried tomatoes, cooked pasta, the roasted tomatoes with their juices, and herbs. Gently stir, add in optional lemon juice to taste, and top with toasted pine nuts. Other great toppings are red chili flakes and vegan parmesan, optional.