Get all the cozy vibes this Sunday with a big bowl of this one-pot MUSHROOM & WHITE BEAN PASTA. 🍄
Made with broken lasagna noodles, tender mushrooms, white beans, and mixed in a creamy dairy-free sauce. Whip this easy one-pot meal up in 30 minutes or less.
- 3 Tbsp neutral oil I used olive oil
- 1 medium white or yellow onion chopped into small pieces
- 4 cloves garlic minced
- 3 Tbsp all-purpose flour substitute with gluten-free flour
- 2 cups vegetable broth
- 7 ounces 7-8 lasagna noodles substitute with gluten-free noodles
- 1 cup white beans I used canned beans
- 2 cups unsweetened non-dairy milk I used soy milk
- 1 package white mushrooms chopped or sliced (8 ounces)
- 2 Tbsp nutritional yeast
- 1 ½ Tbsp Italian seasoning
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp black pepper
- ½ tsp garlic powder optional
- Heat a large pot on medium heat. Add the oil and onion and cook until soft and translucent, about 4 minutes. Add the garlic and cook until fragrant, 2 minutes.
- Add the flour and stir to combine. Pour in the vegetable broth and mix.
- Break the lasagna noodles into bite sized pieces and add it to the pot.
- Pour the milk, Italian seasoning, salt, pepper, garlic powder, stirring frequently, and cook until the noodles are completely cooked, 7-8 minutes.
- Add the mushrooms, beans, and nutritional yeast. Cook for 3-4 minutes or until the mushrooms are soft.
- Taste the pasta and add additional seasoning (salt, pepper, or italian seasoning) if needed.
- Take pasta off the heat. Divide into bowls and garnish with fresh parsley or crushed red pepper.
- Leftovers can be kept in the refrigerator in an airtight container for 3 days.
- Substitute Italian seasoning with 2 tsp of each dried thyme, dried oregano, dried rosemary, and dried basil.
- Don’t have lasagna noodles? Use anytype of pasta that you have in your pantry instead.
- Garnishes that I recommend for this pasta include, mozzarella cheese, fresh basil, or nutritional yeast.