Oatmeal Cookie Apple Crisp! 🍏 I’m coming in HOT with this NEW RECIPE. I tested this crisp a few times for my family and we all agreed: this is one of the BEST desserts I’ve EVER made, which is amazing since it’s vegan, gluten and refined sugar free.
Crumb Topping Ingredients:
- 1 cup almond flour
- 1 cup quick cooking oats certified GF if needed
- 1/2 cup coconut sugar
- 6 Tablespoons melted refined coconut oil
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla bean paste or extract
- 1/4 cup maple syrup
- Preheat your oven to 375 degrees. Oil an 8” cast iron skillet and place on your stovetop.
- Peel and slice your apples. Add to a medium bowl with lemon juice, cinnamon, vanilla and cornstarch. Toss apples well until all they are evenly coated. Add coated apples to the oiled skillet and heat on low. Cook until apples are just softening. Set aside and make crumb topping.
- In a medium bowl whisk together the almond flour, quick oats and coconut sugar. In a small bowl whisk coconut oil, vanilla and maple syrup. Pour oil mixture over flour mixture and mix with a fork until crumb topping forms. The topping mix should be wetter than a streusel topping. If it is grainy and doesn’t easily form large chunk almost like cookie dough, add additional oil and maple syrup by the teaspoon until it does! Using your fingers, pinch crumb topping into chunks and press gently onto the apples.
- Bake for 15-20 minutes, taking care not to burn the crumb topping. Enjoy!