Romesco sauce pasta!
Romesco usually has almonds in it but to make it #nutfree I added toasted pumpkin seeds instead and ohmygod the flavor of the roasted pumpkin seeds just makes this sauce insane. You don’t need to just use this as a pasta sauce, it can be a dip or served on top of vegetables.
Trader Joe’s makes a romesco dip (not nut free) so you can easily make your own at home and use it just as you would store bought. It really is sooo delicious and takes no time because you just add everything to a blender!
- 2 cups pasta uncooked
For the sauce
- 1/4 cup pumpkin seeds
- 2 roasted red peppers from a jar
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoon nutritional yeast
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1/2 tsp red wine vinegar
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp red pepper flakes
- Cook pasta according to package instructions. Drain and return pasta to the pot.
- On a medium-low heat, toast your pumpkin seeds on a sauté pan for 2-3 minutes or until the seeds have lightly browned.
- Using a blender or a food processor, add in your pumpkin seeds and remaining sauce ingredients. Blend well.
- Add to drained pasta and mix so all the pasta is coated evenly with your sauce.
2 thoughts on “Nut-Free Vegan Romesco Sauce Pasta”
Super glad you like it Roxanne!