Oh my gosh. This crispy teriyaki tofu wrapped in nori seaweed was SOOOOO GOOD!!!! Such an umami bomb, and that perfect texture with the seaweed… ugh you all just need to make it to understand my feelings right now 😭
Just after I made this I was so chuffed I made my tofu-hating housemate try it too, and even he said he would demolish the whole lot. Honestly – if you ever thought tofu was “eurgh”, please try this!! I have faith it will change your mind.
- Mix the sauces together and set aside.
- Dip the pieces of cut seaweed lightly in water before wrapping it around each piece of tofu.
- Coat the wrapped tofu generously in cornflourHeat up a pan with cooking oil and gently pan fry until golden brown.
- When the tofu is all cooked, turn the heat down to low and pour the teriyaki sauce over it.
- Let the water evaporate and sauce thicken, turning the tofu slightly to ensure all evenly coated.
- Sprinkle on some sesame seeds as garnish and serve immediately.