Do you use your oven?
You should! The oven is one of the easiest, hands off methods of cooking. Pop all the ingredients onto a sheet pan with or without oil, stick it in the oven for 30 minutes and you have a super tasty meal that was drama free.
This recipe is chock full of flavors, textures and colors. It’s my favorite way to use up veggies that are on their way out or to spice up some average veggies. The eggplant is divine cooked this way. The texture gets so silky and the combo of spices is so good.
- 2 russet potatoes peeled and cubed
- 3 small sweet potatoes peeled and cubed
- 1 eggplant cut in cubes
- 3 rainbow carrots peeled and chopped
- 1 15 oz can chickpeas drained
- 1 medium sized zucchini cut in large cubes
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp coriander
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- 1 tsp cumin
- 2 tsp smoked paprika
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 2 tsp olive oil
- 1 tsp zaatar spice
- 3 tbsp tahini
- Preheat oven to 425.
- In a large bowl, toss potatoes, sweet potatoes, eggplant and carrots in oil and spices (except zataar and tahini) then spread on a large sheet pan and bake for 15 minutes.
- Add chickpeas and zucchini to sheet pan with half cooked veggies and toss together with a spatula to distribute spices and to flip over the half cooked veg. Return to oven and bake for 15 more minutes.
- Finish with a drizzle of tahini, zataar spice and eat with a salad.
SHARE THIS RECIPE!
Find more tasty recipes from this author on their socials: