Mediterranean Quinoa Salad with Zaatar Vinaigrette done 2 ways. It’s going up to 107°F/42C here today that means minimum cooking maximum flavor.
This practically no cook salad bowl checks all my needs for a summer salad. It’s crunchy, flavorful and nutrient dense.
- 2 ½ cups quinoa cooked **
- 5 cups Romaine or organic spring mixed greens, chopped
- 3 Persian cucumbers or 3/4 English cucumber
- 1 ½ cup baby tomatoes halved
- ½ cup red onion sliced
- 1.5 can chickpeas drained and rinsed
- ½ cup pitted kalamata olives halved
- ½ cup pomegranate from one small fruit
- 1 large avocado diced
- 1 jalepeno sliced, optional
- ½ cup cold pressed extra virgin olive oil
- juice from one large lemon about ½ cup
- 2 tablespoons fresh oregano leaves finely chopped, or 1 tablespoon dried
- 3 tablespoons fresh dill or 1 teaspoon dried, finely chopped
- 3 tablespoons fresh parsley chopped
- 4 cloves garlic grated or minced, about 1 leveled teaspoon, use less if you don’t like the strong flavor
- pinch sumac optional
- sea salt as needed
- freshly cracked black pepper
- **Combine 1 part rinsed quinoa with 2 parts water or any liquid like veggie broth in a small saucepan. Bring to a boil over medium-high heat. Then lower the heat to a simmer. Cook until quinoa absorbs all the liquid. About 10-15 minutes. Remove from heat. Cover and let it rest for 5 minutes. Remove lid and fluff quinoa with a fork. Set aside to cool slightly.
- In a small bowl combine the vinaigrette ingredients.
- In a bowl combine the sliced cucumber, baby tomatoes, red onion, warm quinoa, jalapeño if using, and chickpeas. Toss 3/4 of the vinaigrette. Mix well. Set aside to marinate for about 10 minutes.
- In about 4-5 bowls place a handful of greens. Divide the marinated cucumber, cherry tomato, chickpeas,onion mixture between the bowls. Finally top with pitted kalamata olives, pomegranate and diced avocado. Pour the remaining vinaigrette between the bowls.
SHARE THIS RECIPE!
Find more tasty recipes from this author on their socials: