Vegan Lavender Shortbread Cookies! ❤
These easy cookies are soft, chewy and delicate with subtle flavors of lemon and lavender! They are half frosted and very classy looking! ✨
I love how simple these little cookies are to make, and the lavender flavor is so delicious and a great compliment to the rich shortbread cookie base. If you’re looking for a unique and easy cookie recipe these are perfect, and just the right amount of sweet!
- 1 Cup All-Purpose Flour
- 1/2 Cup Vegan Butter room temp
- 1/2 Cup Vegan Powdered Sugar
- 2 Tsp Culinary Lavender
- 2 Tsp Lemon Zest
- 1/2 Tsp Vanilla Extract
- 1/4 Tsp Salt
FOR THE GLAZE
- 1 Cup Vegan Powdered Sugar
- 1-2 Tbsp Plant Milk
- In a bowl, mix together the flour and salt.
- In a separate bowl, cream together the room temperature vegan butter and powdered sugar until smooth, then add the vanilla, lavender and lemon and mix.
- Add dry ingredients to wet and mix until you form a ball of dough - I use my hands towards the end of this to bring everything together.
- Wrap and chill in the fridge for 30 minutes.
- Dust a bit of powdered sugar on a flat surface and roll the dough out into a 2 inch wide cylinder with flat ends.
- Cut roughly 1/3 inch cookies out of the dough and place on a baking sheet covered with parchment paper.
- Once all cookies are on the sheet, place in the freezer for 15 minutes.
- While freezing, preheat oven to 325 degrees, then bake for 12-14 minutes until the edges of the cookies are just slightly brown.
- Allow to cool completely, then mix together glaze and dip the cookies in half way, adding more culinary lavender to the top if desired. Enjoy!
6 thoughts on “Lemon Lavender Shortbread Cookies”
These turned out amazing! Never even thought of adding lavender to cookies, but probably will make another batch soon.
It’s not the first ingredient one would think of, but definitly worth trying! Happy you liked it 🙂
S’il on a de la lavande dans son jardin, peut on l’utiliser en cuisine ?
Yes! Just make sure your lavender is dried out well after picking.
Excited to try these! Could I sub coconut oil for vegan butter?
That’s definitely possible! Altough it can change the flavor slightly.