Vegan Lavender Shortbread Cookies! ❤
These easy cookies are soft, chewy and delicate with subtle flavors of lemon and lavender! They are half frosted and very classy looking! ✨
I love how simple these little cookies are to make, and the lavender flavor is so delicious and a great compliment to the rich shortbread cookie base. If you’re looking for a unique and easy cookie recipe these are perfect, and just the right amount of sweet!
FOR THE GLAZE
- 1 Cup Vegan Powdered Sugar
- 1-2 Tbsp Plant Milk
- In a bowl, mix together the flour and salt.
- In a separate bowl, cream together the room temperature vegan butter and powdered sugar until smooth, then add the vanilla, lavender and lemon and mix.
- Add dry ingredients to wet and mix until you form a ball of dough - I use my hands towards the end of this to bring everything together.
- Wrap and chill in the fridge for 30 minutes.
- Dust a bit of powdered sugar on a flat surface and roll the dough out into a 2 inch wide cylinder with flat ends.
- Cut roughly 1/3 inch cookies out of the dough and place on a baking sheet covered with parchment paper.
- Once all cookies are on the sheet, place in the freezer for 15 minutes.
- While freezing, preheat oven to 325 degrees, then bake for 12-14 minutes until the edges of the cookies are just slightly brown.
- Allow to cool completely, then mix together glaze and dip the cookies in half way, adding more culinary lavender to the top if desired. Enjoy!