Kung Pao chickpeas from the blog needed a reshoot so here we are 💁🏼♀️
I posted this recipe on the blog back in January but I never loved the photos so I thought why not reshoot this and also have it for lunch! It is DELICIOUS! If you don’t love tofu this recipe is 100% for you. The sauce is spicy and delicious and ugh 😍
Share this recipe!
- 1 15 oz can chickpeas
- 1 red bell pepper diced
- 1/2 medium onion diced
- 2 garlic cloves minced
For the sauce
- 2 1/2 tbsp soy sauce
- 1 1/2 tbsp sriracha
- 1 tbsp hoisin sauce
- 1 tbsp toasted sesame oil
- 1 tbsp maple syrup
- 2 tbsp water
- 1 1/2 tsp corn starch
- Begin by draining and washing chickpeas well. Set aside.
- In a bowl, combine your sauce ingredients and mix well. Set aside.
- In a sauté pan on medium heat, add a tablespoon of oil and allow for it to heat up.
- Add in your peppers and onions with a little salt. Cook for 3-4 minutes or until the vegetables have become tender and the onions are translucent. Add your garlic and cook for another minute.
- Add in your chickpeas and cook for 1-2 minutes, allowing for the chickpeas to heat up.
- Add in your sauce mixture and cook for another 2-3 minutes or until the sauce has thickened up. Remove from heat and serve!
SUBSCRIBE TO THE NEWSLETTER!
Receive the latest vegan recipes straight into your inbox! You can sign out at any time.