Do NOT unfollow! I assure you: this cheeezy, dilly-oniony Tuna Melt on perfectly grilled butter bread is 𝗔𝗟𝗟 𝗩𝗘𝗚𝗔𝗡.
As one of my favorite #vegansandwiches of all time, this JACKFRUIT melt makes my heart…melt. 😍
It requires lots of patience to make the perfect Tuna texture, so don’t expect to whip this up in 5 mins or less. I know there’s plenty of #veganrecipes out there for jackfruit tuna, but this one needs some prep work, marinating, crisping, and cheezy melting time. Trust me, it’s worth it!
My number one go-to for the cheese is @daiyafoods slices (particularly their cheddar and/or American). It’s melts the best & nobody wants a grilled cheese that doesn’t melt out the middle when sliced, duh.
Amazing tuna-texture, extra dill-filled, and delicious…the bread even makes that butter toast “crunnnch” sound when you bite into it (and explodes with cheezy tuna flavor right after).
- 1 can young jackfruit
- 3 slices vegan Cheese
- 2 pieces white bread
- Vegan butter
- 1/4 cup Vegan Mayo
- 1/4 Red onion
- scallions chopped
- dill relish
- fresh dill sprigs
- 1 tsp Spicy mustard
- Old Bay or Fish seasoning
- Lemon juice
- Garlic powder
- Lemon pepper
- splash White vinegar
- 1 tsp Nutritional yeast
- Drain jackfruit in a strainer, and rinse under cold water for one minute (takes the sweetness away).
- Separate jackfruit pods/seeds by hand and reserve for a later recipe. Cut out harder parts of jackfruit and reserve for later. (You want as much stringy, clumpy, soft texture as possible)
- Re-rinse the separated jackfruit again one more time.
- In a large bowl, add all wet ingredients except jackfruit. Whisk together. Add seasonings, fresh dill and onions, and stir together. Adjust taste to your preferred saltiness/acidity. Add jackfruit to mixture and fold it in.
- Let marinate in fridge covered for 1 hr.
- Butter white bread, add cheese on inside of both bread pieces, cover and slow grill the for approx 10 minutes until golden brown.
- Add tuna on one side bread, and flip into a sandwich, Gently smash together to secure it, grill a little more.
- Return to a plate, slice in half and enjoy!!
SHARE THIS RECIPE!
SUBSCRIBE TO THE NEWSLETTER!
Receive the latest vegan recipes straight into your inbox! You can sign out at any time.