In need of comfort in the form of food? I got you! My Garlic Herbed Scalloped Potatoes are the perfect cheesy, creamy, carb-y goodness we could all use right about now!
Reminder that calories don’t count — especially in times of high anxiety and stress. If you want to eat a whole skillet of potatoes for breakfast, fu*king do it! Do whatever it is you need to do in order to care of yourselves ♥️ Whether it’s meditating, going for a run, drinking a whole bottle of wine, eating an entire pizza, or in my case, ALL OF THE ABOVE … do it and don’t feel bad about it!
- 1 large shallot minced
- 1 tsp sage (preferably fresh, minced)
- 1 tsp rosemary (preferably fresh, minced)
- 1 tsp thyme (preferably fresh, minced)
- 3 cloves garlic minced
- ½ cup onion chopped
- 2 cups non-dairy milk
- 3 TBS corn starch
- 3 TBS vegan butter such as Earth Balance
- 1 - 7 7 ounce package Follow Your Heart Smoked Gouda Slices cut into cubes
- 5-6 red potatoes sliced thinly
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Fresh chives to garnish
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees fahrenheit.
- Arrange sliced potatoes in an oven safe dish or cast iron skillet, set aside.
- In a saucepan, heat butter over low heat. Once butter begins to melt, slowly stir in cornstarch, fresh herbs, and salt and pepper until smooth.
- Add onions, shallot, and garlic. Cook on low for another 2-3 minutes.
- Slowly add non-dairy milk and bring to a boil. Stir constantly until the sauce has thickened, about 3-5 minutes.
- Reduce heat to low and add in the cheese cube, stirring until they have formed a creamy "cheese" sauce.
- Pour sauce over the sliced potatoes, cover and bake in preheated oven for 1 hour. Uncover and bake an additional 45 minutes (for extra crispiness and cheesy bubbliness, we broiled them the last five minutes).
- Serve warm garnished with fresh chives.