Lentil Soup is one of my favorites. Besides being delicious with very few ingredients it’s one of the easiest soups to make!
It’s a great source of plant protein and makes awesome leftovers. You can create an entirely new dish by pouring it over rice, pasta or even a baked potato.
- 1 cup Green Lentils
- 1/3 cup Red Lentils
- 1 small Onion chopped
- 3 cloves Garlic minced
- 3 medium Carrots
- 3 stalks Celery
- 1 Golden Potato cubed
- 1 tsp Better Than Bouillon no beef base or any Veggie Bouillon
- 2 tsp dried thyme
- 1/2 cup fresh Parsley chopped
- 6 cups water
- Salt & Pepper to taste
- Sauté the Onion, Celery and Carrot until the Onions become translucent
- Add in the Veggie Bouillon, Potato, Garlic, Thyme, Salt, Pepper and Lentils. Continue cooking for a few minutes, making sure to mix well
- Add in the water, cover the pot and let simmer on med - low heat for 30 minutes or until the Lentils are completely tender
- Check for seasoning and add in the chopped Parsley. Mix well and serve.
2 thoughts on “Easy Vegan Lentil Soup”
This soup is so good!!
Glad you like it Rebecca!