This date nut banana bread is loaded with crunchy walnuts, naturally sweetened with dates and maple syrup, and will make your house smell like a dream! Perfect for breakfast, dessert and everything in between. Vegan, oil free and refined sugar free!
This date nut banana bread was so quick to become a staple in my house! It’s fluffy, moist and super easy to whip up! The walnuts have a perfectly delicious crunch and the dates add a lovely natural sweetness that you can taste in every bite! It’s also vegan, oil free and contains no refined sugars. I love enjoying this loaf slathered with some nut butter for breakfast, or with a cozy cup of tea or coffee for a delicious afternoon treat!
- 1 flax egg 1tbsp ground flaxseed + 2.5 tbsp filtered water
- 1 cup ripe mashed bananas
- 1/4 cup maple syrup
- 2 tbsp almond milk
- 1 cup spelt flour
- 3/4 cup oat flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/4 cup shredded coconut
- 1/2 cup soft pitted dates finely chopped + more for sprinkling on top
- 1/2 cup chopped walnuts + more for sprinkling on top
- Preheat oven to 350F and line a loaf pan with two flaps of parchment paper.
- For flax egg, combine 1tbsp ground flaxseed with 2.5tbsp filtered water. Set aside 5 minutes to "gel."
- In a large bowl, mash bananas and then add in all wet ingredients.
- In another bowl, combine all dry ingredients except dates and walnuts.
- Add dry to wet and stir till combined.
- Fold in dates and walnuts.
- Transfer batter to prepared loaf pan and top with additional dates and walnuts. Bake 40-45 minutes or until toothpick comes out clean.
- Let cool completely in pan before slicing and serving!