This crispy roasted, not fried, aubergine and couscous is the perfect, comforting dish that comes together in just 30 minutes. Try it once and you’ll be hooked!
- 1 large aubergine
- 2 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- salt + pepper
- Cut aubergine into large chunks. Toss in oil, salt and pepper.
- Place on a baking tray lined with a silicone mat. Roast at 450 for 20 minutes.
- Remove from oven and flip all chunks. Roast for and additional 10 minutes.
- Heat oil in a sauce pan and add garlic. Cook until fragrant.
- Stir in couscous and cook for a minute, stirring constantly. Add stock and season with salt and pepper. Bring to a boil and then reduce heat to low. Add greens, stir, cover and cook for roughly 10 minutes.
- At the 10 minute mark, remove from heat, stir in sun-dried tomatoes and vegan parmesan.
- Serve couscous topped with crispy roasted aubergine, more vegan parmesan and fresh herbs. Enjoy hot!