This soup is so creamy, delicious and filled with pillowy gnocchi. It’s so easy to make and will have you cozying up with a bowl in no time!
- 1 17 oz package Vegan Gnocchi
- 2 medium Carrots sliced
- 2 ribs Celery chopped
- 1 small Onion chopped
- 4 cloves Garlic minced
- 1 1/2 cups Broccoli [120g] (if using frozen then let thaw) roughly chopped
- 2 cups Spinach [60g] packed and then roughly chopped
- 3 1/2 Tbsp Vegan Butter [52g]
- 3 1/2 Tbsp 52 g Flour [52g]
- 3 cups Vegetable Broth base [709ml]
- 2 1/2 cups Plant Milk [591ml]
- 1 Tbsp Avocado Oil
- 1 1/2 tsp Thyme [7.5g]
- 1/2 tsp Onion Salt [2.5g]
- 1/8 tsp Nutmeg
- Pinch Red Chili Flakes optional
- Salt & Pepper to taste
- Heat the oil on med heat and sauté the onions, celery and carrots until onions become translucent. About 3-5 minutes.
- Add in the broccoli, thyme, garlic, onion salt and chili flakes (if using) then continue cooking for another couple of minutes or until the garlic is fragrant.
- Add in the butter and once melted add in the flour. Mix well and stir occasionally while you cook for another minute to cook out the raw flour flavor.
- Add in the vegetable broth and milk and bring to a soft boil. Lower the heat to med low and simmer for 8 minutes.
- Add in the gnocchi, chopped spinach and nutmeg and cook for 5-8 minutes or until the gnocchi is cooked through and the spinach is wilted.