This soup is so creamy, delicious and filled with pillowy gnocchi. It’s so easy to make and will have you cozying up with a bowl in no time!
- 1 17 oz package Vegan Gnocchi
- 2 medium Carrots sliced
- 2 ribs Celery chopped
- 1 small Onion chopped
- 4 cloves Garlic minced
- 1 1/2 cups Broccoli [120g] (if using frozen then let thaw) roughly chopped
- 2 cups Spinach [60g] packed and then roughly chopped
- 3 1/2 Tbsp Vegan Butter [52g]
- 3 1/2 Tbsp 52 g Flour [52g]
- 3 cups Vegetable Broth base [709ml]
- 2 1/2 cups Plant Milk [591ml]
- 1 Tbsp Avocado Oil
- 1 1/2 tsp Thyme [7.5g]
- 1/2 tsp Onion Salt [2.5g]
- 1/8 tsp Nutmeg
- Pinch Red Chili Flakes optional
- Salt & Pepper to taste
- Heat the oil on med heat and sauté the onions, celery and carrots until onions become translucent. About 3-5 minutes.
- Add in the broccoli, thyme, garlic, onion salt and chili flakes (if using) then continue cooking for another couple of minutes or until the garlic is fragrant.
- Add in the butter and once melted add in the flour. Mix well and stir occasionally while you cook for another minute to cook out the raw flour flavor.
- Add in the vegetable broth and milk and bring to a soft boil. Lower the heat to med low and simmer for 8 minutes.
- Add in the gnocchi, chopped spinach and nutmeg and cook for 5-8 minutes or until the gnocchi is cooked through and the spinach is wilted.
Did you try this recipe?Mention @goodoldvegan or tag #goodoldvegan!
3 thoughts on “Creamy Vegetable Gnocchi Soup”
I admit I’m not much of a cook so my husband made up this recipe for us. It is filling, delicious and the gnocchi is a delightful treat alongside the vegetables.
Hi Amber! So happy to hear your husband made this and that you enjoyed the recipe!
Just made this with gluten free gnocchi and omitted the flour! It is fantastic!!