creamy tomato soup with pasta & beans | with a secret ingredient: vegan mayo from @primalkitchenfoods!
this combo might seem questionable, but don’t knock it until you try it! it’s creamy and flavorful, not to mention pantry-friendly ;^)
Share this recipe!
- 800 g chopped tomatoes or one 28-oz can
- 1/3 cup coconut milk
- 1 large onion chopped
- 3 cloves garlic chopped
- 1 tsp dried thyme
- 1 tsp dried basil
- 1 tsp dried oregano
- 1 tsp paprika
- 2 tbsp tomato paste
- 1/2 cup water
- 1/2 to 1 tsp salt
- 1/2 to 1 tsp black pepper
- 1/2 to 1 tsp red chili flakes
- 1/2 to 1 tsp sugar
- In a large pot, heat some oil or water and saute the onion for 5 minutes.
- Add in garlic, spices, and tomato paste. Once fragrant, add in tomatoes and water, then bring to a boil. Cover the pot and let simmer for 10-15 minutes, stirring occasionally and crushing the tomatoes with the back of your spatula.
- Season with salt, black pepper, red chili flakes, and sugar to taste, then transfer to a blender with the coconut milk.
- Blend until creamy and serve warm!
2 thoughts on “Creamy Tomato Soup With Pasta & Beans”
The sodium content seems quite high. Guessing you can use salt reduced tomato paste and no salt added canned tomatoes and season as you go? Looks delicious tho!
I’m pretty sure that will work! Just adjust to your own taste 🙂