Everything you could want in a deliciously creamy Pasta that doesn’t feel heavy in the warmer weather. The Lemon and Tarragon lighten up the sauce and bring so much flavor to the Asparagus and Peas. It’s really easy to make and perfect for lunch or dinner.
- 14 oz Pasta 388g, I used Linguine
- 1 bunch Asparagus sliced into 1 - 1 1/2” pieces
- 1 cup frozen Peas 130g, thawed
- 1 cup Vegan Parmesan Cheese 90g, finely grated
- 2 cloves Garlic crushed
- 1 1/2 cups Plant Milk 375 ml
- 1 cup Pasta Water 250 ml
- 5.3 oz Plain Yogurt 150g
- 2 1/2 Tbsp Vegan Butter 37.5g
- 2 1/2 Tbsp all-purpose flour 37.5g
- 2 Tbsp fresh Tarragon 30g, chopped (plus more torn leaves for garnish)
- 2 Tbsp Lemon Zest 30g
- 1 Tbsp Lemon Juice 15ml
- Salt & White Pepper to taste
- Bring a large pot of salted Water to boil and quickly cook your Asparagus for 2-3 minutes and remove. Set aside.
- Add the Pasta to the boiling water and cook as per the package directions. Reserve 1 cup of the Pasta Water before draining.
- While the Pasta is cooking begin your sauce by melting the Vegan Butter in a large pot on medium low heat. Once the Butter is melted add in the crushed Garlic and let cook for 1-2 minutes or until fragrant.
- Add in the Flour and mix until well combined. Let the mixture or roux cook for a minute or two before you begin adding in the Plant Milk.
- Add the Plant Milk a little at a time as you stir to incorporate. Once everything is combined add in the grated Parmesan and mix until completely melted.
- Add in the Pasta Water and let the sauce cook for a minute to thicken. Add in the Yogurt, chopped Tarragon, Lemon Juice and 1/2 of the Lemon Zest, and season with Salt & Pepper. Stir well.
- Toss in the cooked Pasta, Asparagus and Peas and gently mix everything together. Season with Salt & Pepper.
- Top with the remaining Tarragon and Lemon Zest.