Today I have a new Italian flavor inspired, 30 Minutes, One-Pot Recipe for you! And this one is for all the mushroom lovers out there: Creamy Mushrooms with Sun-Dried Tomatoes, Spinach and White Beans!
You can serve it over pasta (I chose orzo), rice, (mashed) potatoes, or even by itself as a soup. Super delicious, flavorful, and easy to prepare!
- 16 oz baby bella mushrooms
- 6-8 sun-dried tomatoes + a drizzle of the tomato oil
- 2 large handful fresh baby spinach
- 2 cups white beans cooked and rinsed
- 1 medium sweet onion
- 3 cloves garlic
- 2 tbsp vegan butter
- 2 tbsp all purpose flour
- 1/2 tbsp Italian herbs
- 3 cups oat milk extra creamy
- 1 tbsp white wine vinegar
- salt and pepper to taste
- Clean mushrooms, and cut them in half or quarters depending on their size.
- Finely dice onion, mince garlic, and thinly slice sun-dried tomatoes.
- Melt vegan butter in a deep pan or dutch oven, and sauté onions for 5 minutes over low to medium heat, then add garlic and tomatoes. Sauté for another 3-5 minutes until very fragrant, then add all purpose flour, and keep stirring for another 2 minutes.
- Add oat milk, mushrooms, white beans, vinegar, and herbs, and bring to a boil. Simmer for 10 minutes, then add spinach, and season to taste with salt and black pepper. If needed, add more water to thin out the sauce.
- Drizzle with some of the tomato oil, and enjoy!
8 thoughts on “Creamy Mushrooms with Sun-Dried Tomatoes, Spinach and White Beans”
This is became our favourite soup, yumm
Super happy to hear Serife! Thanks for your comment
This is absolutely delicious! Just made it and served with some mashed potatoes on the side. Will definitely make again
Happy to hear Brooke! Great idea to add some mashed potatoes!
Best , tastiest, easiest soup ever !
The only thing I do sometimes if I want to make it gluten free I just use GF flour. Still delicious:)
So happy you like it Vera! And that’s a simple swap to make it gluten free indeed 🙂
Made this soup Thursday, gone by Saturday noon. Wonderful recipe. I did use coconut milk, didn’t have oat milk, and WOW!!! Everyone loves so I’m headed to the store for more ingredients include oat milk :). Thank you so very much!!!
Making again today, wondering if I could use Kale in place of spinach? I thought I had spinach and I have maybe 1 cup.