Welcoming the new week with some simple rigatoni! This is one of my favourite pasta shapes and the sauce is incredibly delicious too. I have very busy week ahead of me, but somehow I know I will still find the time to make lots of pasta – especially as a dish like this takes only 15 minutes to make. Happy Monday everyone! 💚
- 2 cups rigatoni
- 2 cups butternut squash peeled and cubed
- 1 medium carrot peeled and chopped
- 1/4 cup nutritional yeast
- 1 cup plant based milk of your choice
- 1/2 tsp salt or to taste
- 1 tbsp apple cider vinegar
- 1 tsp paprika
- 1 tsp cumin
- 1 tbsp tomato paste
- 2 tsp olive oil
- 1 cup mushrooms chopped
- 1 tbsp tamari
- Cook the pasta for 1-2 minutes under the packaging instructions. At the same time, cook the butternut squash and carrot until fully softened (around 15 minutes).
- Drain and rinse the squash and carrot when they are ready. Transfer to a blender or food processor together with the nutritional yeast, plant based milk, salt, apple cider vinegar, paprika, cumin and tomato paste. Blend until smooth.
- Then, heat the olive oil in a large non-stick frying pan. Add the mushrooms and the tamari, cooking for 4-5 minutes, until the mushrooms soften.
- Add the sauce and the pasta to the frying pan. Stir for a couple minutes, then serve with garnishes of your choice.
SHARE THIS RECIPE!
SUBSCRIBE TO THE NEWSLETTER!
You’ll reveive the latest vegan recipes straight into your inbox! You can sign out at any time.