Welcoming the new week with some simple rigatoni! This is one of my favourite pasta shapes and the sauce is incredibly delicious too. I have very busy week ahead of me, but somehow I know I will still find the time to make lots of pasta – especially as a dish like this takes only 15 minutes to make. Happy Monday everyone! 💚
- 2 cups rigatoni
- 2 cups butternut squash peeled and cubed
- 1 medium carrot peeled and chopped
- 1/4 cup nutritional yeast
- 1 cup plant based milk of your choice
- 1/2 tsp salt or to taste
- 1 tbsp apple cider vinegar
- 1 tsp paprika
- 1 tsp cumin
- 1 tbsp tomato paste
- 2 tsp olive oil
- 1 cup mushrooms chopped
- 1 tbsp tamari
- Cook the pasta for 1-2 minutes under the packaging instructions. At the same time, cook the butternut squash and carrot until fully softened (around 15 minutes).
- Drain and rinse the squash and carrot when they are ready. Transfer to a blender or food processor together with the nutritional yeast, plant based milk, salt, apple cider vinegar, paprika, cumin and tomato paste. Blend until smooth.
- Then, heat the olive oil in a large non-stick frying pan. Add the mushrooms and the tamari, cooking for 4-5 minutes, until the mushrooms soften.
- Add the sauce and the pasta to the frying pan. Stir for a couple minutes, then serve with garnishes of your choice.
2 thoughts on “Creamy Butternut Squash Pasta”
Just FYI that salt figure in the nutrition facts may be off, Google says a half teaspoon of salt is only 1,150 mg, unless the tamari is pure salt…
Thank you Ben! You are completely right. There was a typo in the amount of salt, which has just been fixed!