COZY HARISSA CHICKPEA STEW
You’re probably sitting on the couch 🛋 wondering what you should have for dinner and my suggestion to you is you should make this!
- 2 cups chickpeas canned
- 1/2 cup onion diced
- 5 cloves garlic roughly chopped
- 3 tbsps fresh parsley chopped
- 3 tbsps fresh cilantro chopped
- 2-3 cups fresh spinach chopped
- 1 1/2 cup vegetable broth
- 1 cup plant milk
- 1/2 cup harissa sauce
- 3 tbsps olive oil
- 3 tsp cumin
- 3-4 tsp salt or to taste
- 1 tbsp garlic powder
- 1/2 tsp onion powder
- 1 tsp black pepper
- 1 tsp smoked paprika
- Fresh cilatro
- dairy-free plain yogurt
- In a large pot over medium heat, add the olive oil. Once the oil is heated, add in the onions and chopped garlic, and cook until golden. Now stir in the parsley, cilantro, harissa paste, and the seasonings and cook for 2 minutes.
- Toss in the chickpeas, fresh spinach, vegetable broth, and milk. Stir and cover with a lid, and let simmer for 10-15 minutes.
- Remove the lid and mash some of the chickpeas with a potato masher or a fork - while leaving a good amount whole. Return to a simmer for an additional 5 minutes or until the liquid has cooked down a bit.
- Let cool and serve over rice or veggies and top with dairy-free plain yogurt and fresh cilantro.
- Lastly, pat yourself on the back because YOU DID THATTT!