Coconut pasta with peas and crispy tofu!
Can’t overstate how good of a combo this is, particularly whenever I’m craving something extra comforting.
In general, I looove tofu and always have a lot of it in my fridge because it’s such a versatile ingredient that can taste delicious when cooked correctly. Although sometimes I snack on it as it is, with just a pinch of salt, but getting creative with it is deffo a much better idea lol.
Try it out for yourself and let me know what you think!
- 1 10-oz block tofu cubed
- 1/3 cup cornstarch
- Oil for frying
- 2 tbsp tamari
- 2 1/2 cups pasta of choice
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- 1/2 cup coconut milk
- 2 tbsp nutritional yeast
- 1/2 cup green peas
- 1/2 tsp salt or to taste
- Dip the tofu cubes in the cornstarch to coat on each side.
- Heat the olive oil in a skillet and cook the tofu for around 15 minutes, rotating frequently, until golden brown on each side.
- Add the tamari and continue rotating the tofu cubes until fully coated.
- Cook the pasta according to packaging instructions. Meanwhile, cook the garlic in a non-stick frying pan until fragrant, then add the coconut milk and nutritional yeast. Stir to combine, before adding the green peas and salt.
- Drain the pasta and combine with the sauce, also adding 1/4 cup pasta water.
SHARE THIS RECIPE!
SUBSCRIBE TO THE NEWSLETTER!
Receive the latest vegan recipes straight into your inbox! You can sign out at any time.