These tropical temperatures outside had me craving a tropical inspired meal today! Result: This super delicious Coconut Panko Crusted Tofu with Mango Avocado Salad and Coconut Lime Rice.
Crispy tofu pieces, creamy avocado, sweet mango, a hint of spice, lots of lime and coconut flavors….yes please!
Mango Avocado Salad:
- 1 mango
- 1 avocado
- 1 small red onion
- 1 jalapeño seeded for less heat
- Juice of 1 large lime
- Salt to taste
- A handfull fresh cilantro chopped
- Finely dice red onion and jalapeño, add both to a bowl, and sprinkle with salt and lime juice.
- In a shallow bowl, whisk together cornstarch and coconut milk, and to a second bowl add breadcrumbs and coconut flakes. If the coconut flakes are very large, I recommend pulsing them in a food processor until smaller in size.
- Cut tofu in half, each half into slices, and pat slices dry with a clean kitchen or paper towel.
- Season from both sides with salt.
- Add each slice to the cornstarch mix, then press them into the coconut breadcrumbs until coated from all sides.
- Heat up coconut oil in a large (cast iron) skillet, and fry tofu from both sides for about 3 minutes or until golden.
- Peel mango and avocado, cut them into medium sized pieces, and add to the red onion jalapeño mix together with the chopped cilantro.
- Serve tofu and mango avocado salad over some rice, and enjoy!