Chickpea & Potato Pot Pie Turnovers: I guess you all know by now I prefer eating with my hands. 😉 A cozy chickpea & potato pot pie wrapped in store bought puffed pastry to make it easy🙌🏼.
- 2 tbsp vegan butter
- 1 cup Yukon gold potatoes diced
- 1/2 cup carrots diced
- 1/2 cup celery diced
- 1 small red onion diced
- 1 tbsp Dijon mustard
- 1/2 tbsp poultry seasoning
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp black pepper
- 1 cup chickpeas
- 1/2 cup frozen peas
- 3 tbsp all-purpose flour
- 1 1/2 cup veggie broth
- 1/4 cup soy milk
- 2 sheets vegan puff pastry
- In large sauté pan, melt butter, add onions, carrots, celery, & potatoes, salt/pepper sauté on med heat 15 min till tender.
- Add chickpeas, peas, mustard, & seasoning, mix until distributed.
- Add flour, coating all veggies, cook 2 min till flour gets golden.
- Add stock, keep stirring, sauce will start to thicken, add soy milk, keep stirring, add extra seasoning if desired, simmer 10 min. Then let cool to room temp. Place in fridge for about an hour.
- On a floured dusted surface, cut puff pastry sheet into 4, repeat with the other sheet.Roll out dough to make squares a bit thinner. Add 1/3 -1/2 cup to one side to form a triangle. Leaving a 1/4 in boarder. Dab boarder with water. Fold the other half of dough over to cover filling. Use times of fork to seal edges and make 2 narrow slits at the top of each turnover, repeat until you use all dough, carefully place on parchment paper. I used a spatula.
- Bake turnover at 400 F 30-35 min. Let cool a bit because the filling will be hot. Enjoy!! I topped my turnovers with Trader Joe’s EBTB seasoning.
Did you try this recipe?Mention @goodoldvegan or tag #goodoldvegan!