🥟🌶Chestnut Mushroom Dumplings in Tangy & Spicy Chili Oil Sauce🥟🌶
As requested by my guests, this is what I’m serving tonight😊 Recipe below!
- 250 g Chestnut mushrooms finely chopped (or other button mushroom)
- 250 g Napa cabbage finely shredded
- 3 scallions finely chopped
- 1/4 cup cilantro finely chopped
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- 1 tbsp grated ginger
- 1 1/2 tbsp light soy sauce
- 1/2 tsp chili flakes
- salt to taste
- 3 tsp sesame oil
- 30 dumpling wrappers
- 1 1/2 tbsp black Chinese vinegar
- 2 tbsp light soy sauce
- 1-2 tsp dried chili flakes
- 1 tsp coconut sugar
- 1 tsp grated ginger
- 1 scallion finely chopped
- 1 1/2 tbsp rapeseed oil
- sesame seeds and scallions
- Heat 1 tsp sesame oil in a pan and fry garlic, ginger, scallions and Napa cabbage on medium heat until the cabbage is soft and all liquid has evaporated. Place in a bowl and set aside.
- Heat 2 tsp sesame oil in the pan and cook mushrooms on medium heat until slightly golden. Stir in with the cabbage and the remaining ingredients and let cool slightly.
- Wet the edges of the wrapper with water and place a bit less than 1 tbsp of filling in center and fold in half-moon shape. Then, bring the two ends together and press firmly.
- Cook dumplings in batches in boiling water covered until they float to the top. Place dumplings on a plate.
- Heat the oil in a pan then remove pan from heat. Add all remaining ingredients and mix well. Pour the sauce on top of the dumplings and add garnish.