✨NEW✨ CAULIFLOWER ALFREDO 💫
for those of you who get over confident at the grocery store and have a sad head of cauliflower in your fridge or those of you who are just dairy free looking for a homemade plant based version 🥲 I got you!!
I tested this with both almonds & cashews b/c I care about y’all and your allergies. it works with both *woohoo!* so you do you and eat some alfredo 🌟
- 5-6 cups cauliflower florets 1 small/medium head
- 5 cloves garlic sautéed for 5-10 minutes until golden brown
- 1 lemon juiced
- 3/4 tsp salt to taste
- 1/2 cup nutritional yeast
- 1 tbsp onion powder
- 2 tbsp tapioca flour or corn starch
- 2 cups broth or pasta water. I use better than bouillon paste
- 1/2 cup cashews or 1 cup almonds (soaked in boiling hot water for 15 minutes or water all day, this helps them to blend easier)
- 12 oz pasta of choice
- vegetables of choice like steamed broccoli, sun dried tomatoes, spinach, or sautéed tomatoes.
- In a large soup pot boil water. You’ll use this water to boil your cauliflower + your pasta. Once water is boiling add cauliflower and boil for ~5 minutes until fork tender. Use a slotted spoon or small mesh strainer to scoop out the cauliflower and transfer to a blender. Add pasta to the boiling water and cook as instructed on packaging.
- Into the blender with the cauliflower add sautéed garlic, lemon juice, salt, nutritional yeast, onion powder, tapioca flour, cashews or almonds, and 2 cups of pasta water + better than bouillon or veggie broth. Blend until extremely smooth ~2 minutes. Give it a taste and add more salt if desired.
- Pour over cooked pasta along with veggies of choice. Toss on medium/low heat to help it thicken. If it gets too thick just add a little water to thin.
- For this recipe I added spinach and tossed until wilted as well as sautéed tomatoes that were seasoned with salt and pepper. Cooked until wilted.
SHARE THIS RECIPE!
SUBSCRIBE TO THE NEWSLETTER!
Receive the latest vegan recipes straight into your inbox! You can sign out at any time.