✨NEW✨ CAULIFLOWER ALFREDO 💫
for those of you who get over confident at the grocery store and have a sad head of cauliflower in your fridge or those of you who are just dairy free looking for a homemade plant based version 🥲 I got you!!
I tested this with both almonds & cashews b/c I care about y’all and your allergies. it works with both *woohoo!* so you do you and eat some alfredo 🌟
- 5-6 cups cauliflower florets 1 small/medium head
- 5 cloves garlic sautéed for 5-10 minutes until golden brown
- 1 lemon juiced
- 3/4 tsp salt to taste
- 1/2 cup nutritional yeast
- 1 tbsp onion powder
- 2 tbsp tapioca flour or corn starch
- 2 cups broth or pasta water. I use better than bouillon paste
- 1/2 cup cashews or 1 cup almonds (soaked in boiling hot water for 15 minutes or water all day, this helps them to blend easier)
- 12 oz pasta of choice
- vegetables of choice like steamed broccoli, sun dried tomatoes, spinach, or sautéed tomatoes.
- In a large soup pot boil water. You’ll use this water to boil your cauliflower + your pasta. Once water is boiling add cauliflower and boil for ~5 minutes until fork tender. Use a slotted spoon or small mesh strainer to scoop out the cauliflower and transfer to a blender. Add pasta to the boiling water and cook as instructed on packaging.
- Into the blender with the cauliflower add sautéed garlic, lemon juice, salt, nutritional yeast, onion powder, tapioca flour, cashews or almonds, and 2 cups of pasta water + better than bouillon or veggie broth. Blend until extremely smooth ~2 minutes. Give it a taste and add more salt if desired.
- Pour over cooked pasta along with veggies of choice. Toss on medium/low heat to help it thicken. If it gets too thick just add a little water to thin.
- For this recipe I added spinach and tossed until wilted as well as sautéed tomatoes that were seasoned with salt and pepper. Cooked until wilted.