Today’s recipe is a show stopper featuring my Walnut Tofu Meat AND Butternut Squash Cheese Sauce.
I added rapini and spinach to the mix and I just can’t tell you how good it is so you’ll have to make it to find out☺️
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 small onion diced
- 2 cloves garlic
- Pinch chili flakes
- 2 cups butternut squash roasted
- 1/2 cup cashews soaked
- 1 cup cashew milk
- 3 tbsp nutritional yeast
- 1 tsp turmeric
- 1 tbsp Dijon mustard
- 1-2 cups hot pasta water
- 1 tsp sea salt & cracked black pepper
- 1 bag short noodle of choice
- 1/2 onion diced
- 1 large clove garlic
- 1/2 bunch rapini chopped
- 2 fistfuls spinach
- 1 1/2 cups walnut tofu meat *
- 2 cups cheese sauce
- Reserved pasta water
- Chili flakes shaved parm, sea salt and cracked pepper.
- Sauté onion, garlic & chili flakes. Set to the side.
- Add squash, drained soaked cashews, milk, nooch, turmeric, Dijon, onion & garlic to a blender. Pulse to combine. Turn on high adding pasta water to thin out to your desired consisteny. Season well.
- Boil pasta in salted water.
- In a large pan add olive oil, chili flakes, garlic and onion. Sauté for several minutes.
- Add rapini and tofu meat. Cook until rapini starts to soften.
- Add cheese sauce and spinach. Drop pasta into pan tossing everything together. If needed, add pasta water to thin out.
- Season with sea salt pepper and cheese.
- Click here for the Walnut Tofu Meat Recipe
Did you try this recipe?Mention @goodoldvegan or tag #goodoldvegan!
2 thoughts on “Butternut Squash Mac & Cheese”
When making your tofu meat for this recipe, do I add the tomato sauce as well, or do I just add the actual meat after baking ?
Thanks for your question Rosie! You don’t have to add the tomato. Steps 1 to 4 is all you need to follow in that recipe to get the walnut tofu meat.