Pasta is the ultimate delicious lazy meal. Add a quick crushed lemon sage walnut topping to feel fancy even if you just made this for yourself to eat on a slow day. Because you deserve to relax and enjoy your favorite cozy comfort food.
This broccoli pesto pasta is loaded with so many nutrients, but you wouldn’t even know it. It has broccoli of course, spinach, nuts, and if you love Eat Banza’s pasta as much as I do, chickpeas. Let’s head to flavor town!
- 1/4 cup cashews soaked in boiling water for at least 15 min
- 1 head broccoli cut and steamed
- 1 cup spinach
- 2 cloves garlic
- 2 tbsp nutritional yeast
- 2 tbdp olive oil
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp black pepper
- 1/4 tsp red chili pepper
- Process it all in a small processor. Blend all but ~ 1/3 cup of pesto with 1/2 cup of pasta water.
The pasta & walnuts
- Add olive oil to a small pan and saute crushed walnuts for a few min. Then add lemon zest and minced garlic.
- When the walnuts are almost perfectly toasted, sprinkle in 1/2 tsp dried sage a minute before taking the pan off of the heat.
- Pour the sauce over the pasta, combine well, and top with those walnuts!
2 thoughts on “Broccoli Pesto Pasta with Lemon Sage Walnuts”
Just okay. I loved that it was full of healthy ingredients and vegan but it lacked flavor. Next time I’ll try more lemon, crushed red pepper, and use pine nuts instead of walnuts. Also I think adding some fresh basil to pesto would punch up flavor a bit. The directions in recipe didn’t seem complete but since I’m an experienced cook I was able to figure it out. ( ie: cooking the pasta, then reserve pasta liquid? Al dente or fully? Or What to do with 1/3 cup pesto left out from processing the rest with pasta water?)
Thanks for your kind an honest feedback Ann! Truly appreciate it!