As daylight gets shorter apparently so does my desire for bright and airy plates/bowls of food. Shifting into a different energy that only fall and winter bring.
This here BLACK OLIVE TAPENADE FUSILLI with roasted cauliflower, brussel sprouts, mushrooms, tiny cherry tomatoes and chickpeas was a mood.
I didn’t make the tapenade but you most certainly could and you could obviously swap it out for another pesto if olives aren’t your jam. I love the tangy earthy tapenade and dare I say it brought my vision for this dish to life.
- vegan parmezan
- cherry tomatoes
- Preheat oven to 400F.
- Clean and halve Brussels and chop up cauli in bite sized pieces. Drizzle with olive oil salt and pepper. Bake for 25-30 minutes. Brussels don’t take as long as cauli so keep your eye on that.
- Boil and salt water. Cook pasta till al dente. Reserve pasta water before draining.
- Heat olive oil and chili flakes in large pan add onion and garlic.
- Add mushrooms and cook until they start to soften. Add roasted veggies and chickpeas to pan. Toss to combine.
- Add a fistful spinach and cooked pasta. Add 1/4-1/2cup tapenade and a splash or 2 of pasta water. Toss to combine.
- Add more tapenade if desired. Season well. Finish with vegan parm, olive oil, sprouts, cherry tomatoes and chili flakes.